Every week in December, Dreierlei presents a new recipe. This week: the cornbread that was such a hit in the restaurant of the same name. ‘The cornbread was definitely one of our signature dishes,’ says Flavia Flüeler. She and Niklas Haak ran the Dreierlei restaurant in Wiedikon. The couple have now returned to the catering and events industry, but this bread is still on the menu: ‘We’re often asked about it,’ says Niklas. The cornbread is perfect with smoked salt butter.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20–30 minutes at 180°C
- 166 g flour
- 166 g cornmeal
- 20 g baking powder
- 3 g baking soda
- 8 g salt
- 191 g buttermilk
- 125 g cream
- 100 g butter, melted
- 283 g sweetcorn, drained
- 100 g sugar
- 180 g egg
Dreierlei is a Zurich-based catering and event planning company. Owners Flavia Flüeler and Niklas Haak pour their heart and soul into their work – because they love what they do and do what they love. From simple to extravagant, Dreierlei will spoil you and your guests with unique food creations. The team will also gladly look after your whole event with a service that is personal, professional, but uncomplicated.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tin with baking paper, grease edges with butter.
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Mix the buttermilk, cream and butter
- Purée the sweetcorn, add to the buttermilk mixture
- Whisk the sugar and egg to a foam
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tin and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake at 180°C for around 20 minutes, test with a toothpick and bake for another 5–10 minutes if necessary.
- Once the toothpick comes out clean, take the bread out of the oven, leave to cool and turn it over. Cut into small rectangles and serve. It goes perfectly with whipped, salted butter.
View posts by interests, or use the proximity search and additional filters. .
Save posts as favourites – simply click on the heart symbol in the upper right corner of the post.